[LINK] RIP Printed Evidence of Payments

Jim Birch planetjim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 11:26:40 AEDT 2013

I was involved on the IT side with a move from paper slips here.  There was
a significant saving with ~12k employees at hundreds of sites. There was a
lot of prior communication, etc.  Not everyone was forced to email but this
was assessed people couldn't just opt to stay paper.  The new system also
keeps the last two (I think) years of electronic slips available on the HR
portal and it was also possible to request manual resends.  No one I know
is complaining.

Mote generally, I photograph a lot of receipts and other stuff with my
mobile and they are automatically uploaded to Google.  Paper is too hard,
too unreliable and too much effort.  My daughter and a lot of her friends
has a paid Evernote account and uploads just about everything and anything,
including lecture notes, pdfs, photos, etc.  $50 per year for practically
unlimited lifetime personal storage.  You'd have to trust the system to a
certain extent to do this.

Jim