[LINK] Of Walled Gardens and Their Dangers

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Fri Nov 1 22:25:45 AEDT 2013

Frank O'Connor wrote:

> Same with Apple Maverick and the iCloud ... not a lot of mention of it until after you had installed.

I've installed Little Snitch, a super configurable TCP/IP firewall
that informs me of every outgoing connection every application is
attempting to make. Once it is trained, it runs quietly in the background.

With Little Snitch I've stopped heaps of suspicious looking attempts
by Apple and others to phone home.

Thanks for the advice on iCloud ... I will keep a keen eye out for it
and banish it from my systems when it is caught in the act. That is,
once I install Mavericks.

I can see a time coming soon that I will banish Apple and head back to
The Land of Linux. I banished Microsoft last century and have never
looked back.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second,
it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      -- Arthur Schopenhauer