[LINK] Android mobile phone antivirus?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 13 20:28:25 AEDT 2013

At 08:13 PM 13/11/2013, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

>I didn't change phone settings and have now spent hours checking settings
>and deleting old texts all to no avail. Every 10 minutes it tells me it's
>sending text to an unknown destination, with unknown content. Now, I keep
>it switched off .. and also a new Samsung Galaxy is currently in the post.

Gee, that's not good -- a phone you must keep turned off. Have you
checked with your phone network?
I've read about spam SMSs that can set up stupid things like this.
Maybe that's what's happened.

Is there anyway to reset to factory defaults? maybe save your contact
list first.

Check this story, though, about "smart" TVs not being so, well, smart....

http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/security-it/smart-tvs-not-so-smart-when-it-comes-to-security-privacy-20131113-hv2jy.html

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer