[LINK] ABC i view changes

jore community at thoughtmaybe.com
Sun Nov 17 17:40:40 AEDT 2013

On 17/11/2013 5:07 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
> On 17/11/2013 11:08, Andrew Thornton wrote:
>> This will improve iview's access to Australians on local networks who
> of course it will, since they are eliminating many users :
>
>> two types of audience members who will be directly affected by this.
>> Apple
>> Mac computers will need OSX 10.6 or above in order to install Adobe
>> Flash Player 11.7. Adobe has discontinued development of the Linux
>> Flash
>> Player as of version 11.2, but Linux users will have access to iview
>> via
>> the Adobe Flash Player (version 11.7) that comes bundled with the
>> Google
>> Chrome browser. We hesitate to encourage users towards using a
>> particular web browser, but in this case we don't have any other option
>> due to Adobe's discontinued support of that platform.
> bye bye iview (I dont use privacy invading tracking progammes, ie:
> chrome)

Not sure if current 'changes' will prevent/break this, but you can still
'rip' programmes off iView using iViewNapper. Runs on a few platforms
including Linux:

http://iviewdownloaders.wikia.com/wiki/ABC_iView_Downloaders_Wiki

There's also something called rtmpdump (http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/)
which works well, but you'll need to know the URLs to content (which you
can find from sniffing I guess) or perhaps some other software like a
browser plugin or something.

Good luck