[LINK] LG Smart TVs send filenames from USB drives!

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Wed Nov 20 15:42:32 AEDT 2013

On 20/11/13 14:23, Karl Auer wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-11-19 at 19:47 -0800, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>> Easy solution: disable networking on the TV.
> Better solution - block all outbound connectivity, make exceptions for
> devices that need it.

Easier said than done.

The average Joe that walks into a shop and buys a smart TV
would be totally ignorant about static IPs, outbound connections,
or how a network works in general.  The instructions tell them
to connect the TV to the router; I know people that give up right
there!

Best solution:  make LG stop their privacy invading practice.

-andyf

ps.  always disable UPnP on your router!