[LINK] Surveillance

jore community at thoughtmaybe.com
Fri Nov 22 21:36:24 AEDT 2013

On 22/11/2013 8:28 PM, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> And in terms of the future it seems that technology's trending towards
> anti-surveillance, anti-1984. Consider, quantum computing and networks:

Hmmmm.. I fail to see how more technology, more computers (let alone
supposedly "3 orders of magnitude more powerful computers" as the
article says) firstly trends to anti-surveillance, "anti-1984"; and
second even if that were the case, how they could possibly even bring it
about. This whole gig runs on computers. And more of the same = more of
the same, doesn't it?

Regards,
Jore