[LINK] Tradeoffs in personal cybersecurity, Dan Geer

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 23 17:43:30 AEDT 2013

At 03:47 PM 23/10/2013, Jim Birch wrote:
>http://geer.tinho.net/geer.uncc.9x13.txt
>
>Interesting talk that treats these questions as actual tradeoffs rather
>than a black and white moral narrative. (Or a playground for recreational
>outrage.)

He also has a sense of humour. I backed up to the domain homepage:
http://geer.tinho.net/
Then clicked on the animated graphic.
Funny surprise......

Then I did a search on his name and found another of his addresses
from 2008 on The Future of Security
http://geer.tinho.net/geer.sourceboston.txt

"....why the purpose of risk management is to improve the
future, not to explain the past."
I would add: and not to fix the present!

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer