[LINK] maturity for Australian internet - more comment

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 31 12:38:01 AEDT 2013

At 12:23 PM 31/10/2013, Andrew Thornton wrote:

>If I were PM for a day my first step for Australia's manufacturing
>industry would be to make Australia a world leader in 3D printing in an
>industrial context. Of course this technology has existed for decades.
>But its applications in everything from biology to making nano robots
>are only beginning to be realized. Along with nanobots, genetic
>engineering and drones, 3D prin ting will shock the world over the next
>10 years.

Did I hear a report that just that very thing is being developed in
Geelong near Deakin Uni?
Sort of -- nanofibres.
http://www.manmonthly.com.au/news/geelong-smanufacturingplantforshortnanofibresisawo

State investment in industry futures, most likely in response to the
decline in the auto manufacturing base there.
http://www.thegordon.edu.au/Employers/Skilling/Pages/SkillingBayhome.aspx

Search on "deakin 3d nano manufacturing geelong" and you'll see
several articles about projects heading in this direction.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer