[LINK] Australia trademarks...

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sat Sep 7 12:23:31 AEST 2013

Hi Fernando,

It can be done over the Internet.  The website is http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au and has information on everything you need to know, including pricing, which is at http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/get-the-right-ip/trade-marks/time-and-costs/fees/index.html.

> Any Link members have ever done a trademark registration for your own
> business/endeavours? again, what was the experience like? Is there any IP
> agreement in place with NZto recognize each other's trademarks, or does one
> have to also mirror theregistration at the Kiwi office toberecognized in
> both?.

Australia is a party to the Madrid Protocol ( http://www.wipo.int/madrid/en/ ) and so you can lodge your application in one member country and have it registered in other member countries.

Carl.