[LINK] Effect of New Government on ICT in Canberra

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Wed Sep 11 11:30:29 AEST 2013

On 2013/Sep/11, at 10:46 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> IMHO, there is a risk that any government thinks that by talking to ICT
> people, they can make more efficient use of ICT.
>
> It's a lot like an overweight person going into a restaurant and asking
> the chef how they can lose weight.
>
> Wrong question, of the wrong person.

Trouble is who do you ask?  Someone who understands IT?  Someone who thinks they understand IT?  I don't agree really.  Not all IT people want more IT.  Non-IT people are not likely to understand the problem.  What you want, to stretch your metaphor is an IT dietician.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant