[LINK] New proposal for e-voting - Turnbull

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Sat Sep 14 15:49:01 AEST 2013

Tom Worthington wrote:
<snip>
> My preference would be to introduce a similar eVoting system for federal
> elections, but only at the larger polling booths, interstate and
> pre-poll booths. Voters could be encouraged to "pop in and vote while
> shopping" during the pre-poll period using the electronic system, while
<snip>
My preference is for voting to be in schools/civic centres rather than
shopping malls.

Electronic voting in the booth would be fine - as long as the user
interface was up to scratch.
It would be like an open book exam (it would be too late to start googling
polices or calling a friend in the booth).
Though ofcourse, cheat sheets (how-to-votes collected on the way in) would
be permitted.

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz