[LINK] Samsung region locking Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Sep 30 07:05:08 AEST 2013

"Samsung went on to say that the region lock can be *removed free of
charge*through a Samsung service partner."

""The regional SIM lock has been applied to the Galaxy Note [3] and Galaxy
S4 devices through a software update in *selective markets*."

Looks like it's just a way of trying to limit grey-market imports.
 Although obviously annoying if you travel, it's probably not any more
annoying than currently provider-locked phones.

  Scott

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Frank O'Connor <francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com