[LINK] NSW evoting system for next state election

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Apr 1 11:16:33 AEDT 2014

At 11:05 AM 1/04/2014, Rick Welykochy you wrote:
>>The NSW Electoral Commission has chosen Spanish vendor Scytl to
>>provide electronic voting software for the 2015 NSW election, on what
>>could be the first occasion the public is allowed to vote via the internet
>
>I wonder how an online voting system can provide guaranteed voter anonymity
>and at the same time prevent fraudulent/duplicate votes.

I'm wondering how this can be viewed as internet voting at all. If
this requires special hardware, how is that going to work? Are people
talking at cross purposes? Is it really a network of voting machines
in voting stations, a la the Diebold type, or are they really going
to allow online voting from home/office/library etc? What what about
those voters who don't have access in any of those places? Will they
be exempted from compulsory voting?

Does anyone have any real knowledge about what is going on in our
neighbour to the north? Does the government or electoral commission?
One would hope so!

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer