[LINK] Australian Patents

JanW jwhit at internode.on.net
Sat Dec 6 09:20:15 AEDT 2014

At 06:46 AM 6/12/2014, Scott Howard you wrote:
>That completely ignores the value of those patents.  More than a few
>startups (and not so startups!) have been purchased simply because of the
>value of their patents.
>
>Whether you agree with the way patents currently work in many parts of the
>world or not, ignoring them means leaving significant money on the table
>which is not a good way to run a company, large or small.

That's true. It's important not to overlook the cost of patent attorneys in your venture capital expenses sheets/budgets if you are inventing things. It secures your rights so that those scavengers actually have to pay you for your work instead of just taking it because you didn't protect it. Most likely you don't have deep enough pockets to fight the Apples and Microsofts of the world, which have been in the courts on IP theft a few times.

Jan

"Lost Anchors" - Now available on Amazon in both print and Kindle versions.
Print: http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Anchors-J-Kirsten/dp/1502541556/
Ebook : <http://mybook.to/lostanchors>myBook.to/lostanchors

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Twitter: <https://twitter.com/JL_Whitaker>JL_Whitaker
Blog: www.janwhitaker.com

<https://www.amazon.com/author/jlwhitaker>JL Whitaker
"On A Life's Edge" -
US Amazon print and digital http://viewBook.at/OALEdge
Apple iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/on-a-lifes-edge/id893736824?mt=11

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer