[LINK] Brandis loves companies, hates people

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 14 18:02:59 AEDT 2014

No Janet ... the US Corporations get it all. Limited liability, and the rights and privileges of people (or a limited subset thereof having regard to the ethereal nature of a corporation).

And you know what the really good thing is?

The good thing is that if Andrew Robb and his laughingly named 'negotiators' sign off on the TPP, not only will said corporations be entitled to litigate if Australian government policy and/or legislation messes with their business interests, but in all likelihood the corporations will be able to avail themselves of those rights and privileges as parties to the action that they bring (no doubt in a US or other friendly jurisdiction court) and there won't be a thing our stalwart Australian government representatives will be able to do about it.

God I love living in this country ...                    :)

Just my 2 cents worth ...
---