[LINK] NYT: Snowden is a whistleblower and should be offered a plea to return home

Jim Birch planetjim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 15:06:48 AEDT 2014

It's interesting how he is officially vilified but regarded as a hero by
80% of the rest of the US population (and just about everyone outside the
US.)  I can't imagine that the "ruling class" would relent on this one -
the whole state security process is maintained by certainty that they will
go after transgressors with the hot tongs, no exceptions.

I also think that there would be a significant chance of assassination by a
rogue crazy if he returned now.  Maybe a decade of chill time would improve
things.

- Jim