[LINK] Equivalency: technology yesterday and today

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Sat Jan 18 15:02:08 AEDT 2014

Frank writes,

> And God knows what a single, probably wearable, device will integrate by
> way of functions and applications in 10-20 years time. If it's something
> like Google Glass, with inbuilt headphones and other high res output
> capabilities it could include the dedicated PC with a few terabytes of
> storage and a heavy duty 64-cored CPU in the glasses rims ... and less
> connected to our immediate surroundings than we are at present thanks
> to these little wonders.

So.. the daily treadmill and exercise bike torture should soon be down the
Avenue des Champs-Élysées, just passing the Place de la Concorde, with the
gentle strains of "I Love Paris in the Springtime" and with Marilyn Monroe
in her floaty white dress passing nearby us, all cheery waves, and blowing
kisses? And all in 3D full colour hi-res, in close-to-real-virtual-reality?

Bring it on.

Best not imagine push-ups though :)

Cheers,
Stephen

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server