[LINK] Adverts on govt websites

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Wed Jan 22 09:50:41 AEDT 2014

On 21/01/14 10:01, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> ... Adverts on govt websites  ...

I suggested advertisements for government websites, but I was probably
not the only one: http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/epublishing.shtml

The UK Government experimented with advertising in 2002. This did not go
well, but technology and user expectations have changed since then. But
the report "Case study of advertising on a government website" by the UK
Office of the e-Envoy, from 2001 or 2002, is no longer on-line. Can
anyone find a copy?
http://www.e-envoy.gov.uk/webqualitybrief-casestudy/$file/advertv5.pdf

Also ABC's Media Watch program ("ABC Designs For The Future", 15
September 2008), had a discussion of the possibility of advertising on
new ABC mobile web sites:
http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s2365258.htm

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au