[LINK] Who needs Google Glass?

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Jan 31 02:41:58 AEDT 2014

Frank and Janet write,

> At any rate ... I still think the issues need to be addressed.
>
> > In a world of guilt by statistical correlation actual personal video
> > might be handy? All these things depend on which end of the telescope
> > dataset or camera you're at. photographer, data owner, subscriber ...

Would agree with both. Google Glasses raise both problems, and solutions.

For an example, according to today's Deloitte Global Technology Media and
Telecommunications predictions report .. “There are many opportunities for
applying wearables to improve safety and efficiency, by providing quicker
and safer access to data.”  Johnston also said, “a recent trial of Google
Glass by police in US towns resulted in an 80 percent drop in accusations
of police brutality, and a drop in cases of excessive use of force by
police.”

Personally, I can see a good case for all public servants being required
to wear them whilst on duty, and interacting with the public. And with a
copy of all recordings of the interactions readily available to citizens.

Cheers,
Stephen

Ref:
http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/537096/phablets_wearables_hit_prime_time_2
014_deloitte/

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server