[LINK] The right to be forgotten

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Fri Jun 20 20:27:55 AEST 2014

On 20/06/2014 8:22 AM, Kim Holburn wrote:
> As it's Friday:  John Oliver on the right to be forgotten:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ERajkMXw0

I rather like the concept of #mutuallyassuredhumiliation.

A while back, I had reason to research local newspapers from the early
1980s back to 1970. There, in black and white, were all sorts of
embarrassing details and images of my neighbours. In truth, we've never
had any right to have such things forgotten.

Is "the right to be forgotten" the modern equivalent of book-burning?
Without the book
and without the burning. ;-)

--
David Boxall                    |  I have seen the past
http://david.boxall.id.au       |               --TJ Hooker