[LINK] Disable clipboard for password input

Rick Welykochy rick at vitendo.ca
Mon Jun 30 12:52:35 AEST 2014

Kim Holburn wrote:
> If you use firefox get this extension:
>
> Disable clipboard manipulations
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nocopypaste/
>
> About this Add-on
>
> No configuration required, the extension is immediately active after installation. Web pages will no longer be able to listen to copy, paste and cut events to learn what you are copying or pasting, they won't even know that you do it at all. And they won't be able to interfere to push unwanted content to your clipboard when you copy text.
>
> There are legitimate uses for these events (online editors) but these are irrelevant for most people. It is unlikely that you will ever notice the  functionality loss.

Or avoid the plug-in with Firefox and related browsers by visiting about:config in the
location textbox and changing "dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled" to "false".

A comment on the plug-in page mentioned security and privacy issues being addressed
by this plug-in. Now that I think about it, I suppose anything on your clipboard could
be surreptitiously copied to rogue websites. Not a pleasant thought. Do you know what
is in your clipboard right now?

*/cheers,
rickw

/*

--
Rick Welykochy || Vitendo Consulting

Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook) recently spent $30m buying up all the houses
around his own in Palo Alto, California. Because he needs more privacy.
     -- Eben Moglen