[LINK] Cyber hijack of MH370?

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Mon Mar 17 13:39:15 AEDT 2014

At 01:25 PM 17/03/2014, Jim Birch wrote:
>Commercial airliners have multiple independent control and comms systems
>for pretty obvious reasons.

Interesting analysis. I don't know enough about the way ATC uses any
ACARS data during conversation to know if the sequence below is
relevant. Can you clear this up for me? I mentioned to a friend I'd
ask someone in the know. :-)

At 11:20 AM 17/03/2014, you wrote:
>So let's get this straight....AIR Traffic Control were confriming
>observational release of the Aircraft AFTER the locater had been
>switched off ???????
>
>So Air Traffic Control could not even see the plane on their
>tracking radar when they were releasing it from their air space ???
>
>If this is in fact true this is the most basic fundamental failures
>of Air Traffic Control - They were verbally communicating with the
>Pilot - or someone and they could not even see it on their tracking
>Radar ???????
>
>  That does not fit

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com

Sooner or later, I hate to break it to you, you're gonna die, so how
do you fill in the space between here and there? It's yours. Seize your space.
~Margaret Atwood, writer