[LINK] Flash drives in the sea?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu May 1 02:59:45 AEST 2014

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Jan Whitaker <jwhit at internode.on.net> wrote:
> Good question.
> Answer: the same reason they didn't switch to long-life batteries
> after the French crash in the Atlantic - cost.
> Most airlines are broke and running on the smell of an oily rag. Add
> anything to the cost that isn't required by regulation and they freak out.

Flight MH370 mystery prompts call to modernize tracking technology
http://share.d-news.co/UOee2SU

FAA gave Boeing  and the airlines THREE YEARS to install two light
bulbs for extra safety...

"In March 2011, the Federal Aviation Administration in the United
States released an airworthiness directive requiring all Boeing 737
aircraft from −100 to −500 models to be fitted with two additional
cockpit warning lights. These would indicate problems with take-off
configuration or pressurization. Aircraft on the United States civil
register were required to have the additional lights by 14 March 2014"

Yes, three years for two bulbs on each plane. Makes me want to setup a
donations web site for the poor Boeing and the USA airlines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522#Subsequent_developments
FC
- George Orwell