[LINK] Flash drives in the sea?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu May 1 03:57:32 AEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Scott Howard <scott at doc.net.au> wrote:

> For starters, you are understating the actual work included (for at least
> some planes it's more than just 2 lights), but lets let that one slide...
>
> If you actually read the Airwirthiness directive, you'll see it states :
>
> Boeing Alert Service Bulletin 737-31A1325, dated January 11, 2010,

Are we talking about the same bulletin? You quote one dated 2010, the
one referenced is 2011-3-14.
http://avherald.com/h?article=43778c6b

In any case, you might have a point, yet I prefer this readers'
comment on the above bulletin:

///
Maybe not too little but definitely too late
By Sakeb on Tuesday, Feb 8th 2011 19:32Z

3 years before compliance becomes mandatory... And 6 years after the
accident. The saying goes that aviation laws are written in blood and
this is obviously in response to Helios 522 flight but in the 9 years
it will take to implement this, most of the jurrasic and classic 737s
will be gone.

741 flying jets (in the US alone) are over 80,000 unsafe seats used by
half a million passengers everyday and the risk of pressurization
issues goes up with age. Weighing that risk against the minor 3.3
million cost of fleetwide update should be a no brainer but this money
is the only thing that the relaxed implementation period of this AD
will eventually save.
///

FC