[LINK] Bring your Own Device

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu May 8 08:33:22 AEST 2014

On 07/05/14 09:45, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> ... If the teachers are expected to use technology as a delivery
> platform in their classrooms ... the entire learning Process that
> needs to be thought through. ...

Yes, the process of how to teach with technology support has been
thought through by educators over the last few decades. Some
universities have been teaching how to teach with e-learning for 20
years. I assume some of this is incorporated into the training of new
school teachers and administrators. However, existing teachers and
administrators would be needed to be trained.

The obvious way to teach teachers how to teach is by using e-learning.
But, that is still going to cost time and money, mostly the teachers own
time and some of their money. So such training needs to emphasise how
e-learning can make the lives of teachers easier, rather than benefit
the students.

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/