[LINK] ABC site problems ...

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Thu May 15 12:14:48 AEST 2014

Thanks Jeremy,

But the problem persists for all Web based communications/inputs that I address to the ABC. From buttons pushed on their site surveys, to feedback text boxes/messages on The Drum, to stuff sent to their miscellaneous Contact forms ... which are also Web based. Contact with the server admin may have been useful to nail the server errors down ... which may have given me a hint about what has gone wrong at my end (where I'm relatively sure the problem lies).

I've tried out three different browsers so far, with the same problem, and am now investigating my universal network settings ... one of the thousands of network files or tens of preferences may be corrupted or somehow changed spontaneously, because I haven't changed anything over the last month. Thing is, this problem happens at no other site that i connect to ... other than the ABC.

I was interested to see if anyone else was having the same problem, which nobody has admitted to, to see if it’s a platform/OS/region or other common cause. The problem however seems specific to me ... so I'll keep hunting and see if I can rectify it.

If I can't find the problem ... it'll be no great hardship to give the ABC site the miss. There are plenty of other sources of media, news and information that are experiencing no problems. Without input/feedback capability, nowadays a media site is useless to me - guess I've become too used to the Web and less of a passive news consumer.

									Regards,
---