[LINK] Public services knowledge exchange online in Australia

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Apr 9 08:58:36 AEST 2015

On 07/04/15 22:46, Steven Clift wrote:

> I am looking for examples of active online groups/online communities
> of practice hosted by intergovernmental associations ...

Govdex, provided by the Australian Department of Finance, hosts on-line
forums for local, federal, state, intra and international government
participants: https://govdex.gov.au/

Govdex is implemented using Confluence. I have used Confluence both in
the GovDex implementation and at another federal agency. I did not find
it particularly user friendly, but it worked:
http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/

Australian Universities also host numerous forums to discuss policy
issues, some on-line. These are often used by government people to step
outside the confines of their official role. An example is this forum,
the "Link list on Australian network policy and communications", hosted
by the Australian National University has been used for government
policy development: http://mailman.anu.edu.au/mailman/listinfo/link

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/