[LINK] itN: Telcos don't like regulation

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 31 15:03:46 AEST 2015

Yup …Shock! Horror!

Of course, the argument and merits of their case depends on how much of the green stuff they’ve sent the way of the major parties … so I’m well content that the rational decision will be made.

That said, Telstra did get $11billion from the government for a fully depreciated asset (and I do so hope they declare same as a profit on their tax return - hey, they have been claiming the depreciation for years) so maybe some more quids have become necessary for our party politicians send another Golden Goose their way pro quo.

But I’m not relying on the telco rent seekers suffering in any way - Hey, that would be downright un-Australian

Just my 2 cents worth …
---