[LINK] Midnight! Invite to Poplus Online Hangout Wed Feb 18 (technically Feb 19 in parts of Australia)

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Thu Feb 12 14:00:59 AEDT 2015

For many of you this will be Midnight in Eastern Australia, but fear not, I
know you can be there or at least tune-in to the recording on-demand and
add questions for written responses in the morning.

While many of you have already joined the Poplus online group (350+
members, 63 countries) and shared an awesome introduction -
http://bit.ly/poplusintros - I wanted to make sure the "what the heck is
Poplus?" Hangout next week is on your radar.

Until the clocks change again, only the Kiwis and West Coast U.S. folks are
truly in the middle of the night, while the rest of the world can be awake.

We need more Australians to join this global network.

See below or:
https://www.mysociety.org/2015/02/11/get-involved-with-poplus/

- Steven Clift

P.S. BTW congrats to Cuttlefish the transactional email server is the first
Australian-based "Poplus component" now on the reusable civic tech global
stage. See: http://poplus.org/posts/email-is-your-secret-weapon/

Hello, you are invited to get involved with Poplus.org <http://poplus.org/>.
Here are two timely opportunities:

   -

   Poplus live online Hangout <http://bit.ly/popluswelcomehangout> - Watch
   via Google Hangouts-on-Air on Wednesday, February 18 and/or ...
   -

   Poplus online group <http://bit.ly/poplusgroup> - Join in the 350+
   member, 60+ nation collaboration

[image: poplusgroup.jpg] <http://poplus.org/>

<http://poplus.org/>

Poplus <http://poplus.org/> is a global *federation* for the next
generation of civic tech. We share knowledge and technology to help our
organisations help citizens. We do this through collaborative civic coding.
We share reusable open source civic technology components
<http://poplus.org/components>. We leverage open government data or make
our own across many countries.

This online video-based event <http://bit.ly/popluswelcomehangout> specially
invites those new to Poplus <http://poplus.org/>. Everyone is welcome.

RSVP here <http://bit.ly/popluswelcomehangout> to watch live (13:00 UTC, see
your local time <http://bit.ly/popluswelcomehangout>) on Feb 18. The
presentation includes Tom Steinberg with mySociety and a few project
participants from around the world on the Hangout-on-Air “stage.” Questions
will be taken via comments on the Hangout event page. The video stream is
one-way, commenting two-way.

About Poplus

Founded by CiudadnoInteligente.org <http://ciudadanointeligente.org/> based
in Chile and mySociety.org <http://mysociety.org/> based in the UK, the
international civic tech federation was launched at the first PoplusCon
<http://poplus.org/popluscon/> in April 2014. Watch this short video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WbAQlCu0zQ> to see civic tech
collaboration in action!  <https://www.youtube.com/embed/0WbAQlCu0zQ>Visit
Poplus.org <http://poplus.org/> (en español <http://poplus.org/es>) for
full details.

How to get involved?

   -

   Share this event by forwarding this email or by sharing this hangout here
   <http://bit.ly/popluswelcomehangout>.

   -

   Join our friendly online group <http://bit.ly/poplusgroup> with 350+
   members from over 60 nations and representing 200+ organisations.  Read the
   awesome participant introductions <http://bit.ly/poplusintros> to see
   the amazing talent coming together. Add your introduction. Be part of what’s
   next with civic tech sharing.

   -

   Check out the Poplus components <http://poplus.org/components/> - test
   them - explore the code <http://poplus.org/components/current/>  on
   GitHub - deploy them - enhance them - and learn about turning your open
   source code into a new Poplus Component
   <http://poplus.org/components/apply/> for global sharing and impact.

   -

   Follow the blog <http://poplus.org/blog/> - Lightly follow this
   initiative and stay tuned for future events with occasional email updates.

For questions about Poplus, post to our friendly online group
<http://bit.ly/poplusgroup> or contact <poplusoutreach at e-democracy.org> our
engagement team.

Thank you,

Steven Clift
Engagement Lead, Poplus.org
Executive Director, E-Democracy.org

P.S. This is a special message and not a mailing list for repeated reuse.
However, if you definitely do not want another direct message like this,
let us know: poplusoutreach at e-democracy.org