[LINK] The online men's shed

gr0ve gr0ve at exemail.com.au
Thu Feb 12 16:19:29 AEDT 2015

Hi Stephen,
I just visited the site using my shiny NBN
Connection and it was very responsive.
Does the problem only manifest when users are signed in?  It could be an authentication issue related to the method used by the webserver to supply logins.  Perhaps if the site uses a traditional htauth method from a htpasswd file located on the server and it has too many users in it, there could be a performance issue looking this up.  Otherwise if the user login is serviced from a Directory or Database, look and see if the user is being authenticated every time they load a page, usually this should only happen once and the HTTP remote user variable
set and access to the site satisfied.

Without signing up and logging in,
that is my first guess....

rachel