[LINK] A real world NBN connection experience

gr0ve gr0ve at exemail.com.au
Sat Feb 14 12:48:05 AEDT 2015

Very different to my experience where
I got to choose where to put the fibre
and backup box.  We got it right in the office and hooked it direct into the network.  The boxes are getting smaller,
but they are ugly.

We paid a total of $50 connection fee to
Exetel who facilitated the NBN guys coming to our site and installed everything.  We run a VOIP phone off the gig-e switch which we swapped the number from Telstra.  Exetel handled the whole thing and we have been very happy with the service.  The only catch is we need a UPS for the switch and phone otherwise although the NBN gear is battery backed up, the home network is not, so that is the only extra expense we had. I guess we got such good support as we did it two days before the Federal Election.  YMMV.

rachel

--
rachel polanskis
IT Consulting, UNIX & Macintosh