[LINK] Surviving Climate Change

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Thu Jan 29 09:52:04 AEDT 2015

On 27/01/15 08:07, jore wrote:

> ... what I'm trying to get at with this discussion in terms of
> personal solutions. ...

Yes, my person solution to sustainability is to teach IT professionals
about energy and e-waste reduction. Their personal solution can then be
to implement it, in their day job.

> ... transportation, global wired and wireless connectivity, to the
> issues of the toxification of the environment by all of this from
> product cycle ...

Mostly I teach about energy use, but e-waste gets a mention:
http://www.tomw.net.au/ict_sustainability/materials.shtml

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Senior Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science,
Australian National University http://cs.anu.edu.au/courses/COMP7310/