[LINK] RFI: Sandboxing

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Thu Jul 30 01:16:40 AEST 2015

> My assumption was that libraries would be stored once, managed at
> operating system level, and not be pre-linked into applications.

Sandboxing is usually done at a half-way house. So the "common" libraries
will be available and dynamically linked in (via read-only pages, of
course). But the "uncommon" libraries are statically-linked and shipped
with the 'app'.

Of course it doesn't take too many years until a once-uncommon library is
widely used, and not too many years after that until it has a serious bug.

-glen

--
Glen Turner <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>