[LINK] Australian Government spending $256M to transform government but wasting $485M on failed eHealth system

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Sun May 17 04:06:46 AEST 2015

On 16-May-15 3:04 AM, Stephen Loosley wrote:
> Dear Chris, Bernard and Linkers,
>
> Much respect for your opinions and experience gents, but we **need** an eHealth system.

Stephen, I agree.

The question is, do we need the PCEHR?

There are already out there many ehealth systems. NSW is building a
statewide one. Other states have area or hospital based systems.

The PCEHR adds little or no value, because the majority of the time, the
majority of health professionals will use their local systems, but
increases the risk of security and/or privacy breaches.

In your case, I suspect it's the state government that should be
integrating your rural community into an appropriate state system.

The PCEHR, certainly won't provide anything like what you are asking
for. The PCEHR is a dumb document store, often only with pointers to
documents held else where.

--

Regards
brd