[LINK] Gridlocked cities to cost more than $53 billion a year by 2031 without action: Infrastructure Australia

Paul Bolger pbolger at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:35:33 AEST 2015

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-22/gridlocked-cities-to-cost-australia-billions-each-year/6488674

"Travel times in parts of Australian capital cities could more than double
by 2031 without transport investment, while congestion could cost the
economy more than $53 billion, a new report warns.

The Infrastructure Australia audit also predicts public transport demand
will nearly double."

Can't see their actual report (I presume it's not on their site until Tones
launches it) but this strikes me as absurd. The govt are paying people to
make predictions based on the premise that there will be no technological
innovation (hint: driverless cars, driverless everything else on the road)
in the next 16 years.

Can't wait to see the Government's 15 year infrastructure plan.