[LINK] Remote mobile 'phone towers

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Sun Nov 8 11:33:55 AEDT 2015

I'd assumed that mobile 'phone towers would be connected to the network
by optical fibre. For more remote towers, I'm beginning to wonder.

The one I'm using as an example is
<http://oztowers.com/Home/FullSiteInfo?siteId=13409> in Queensland.
There are other towers on the Capricorn Highway to the South. They're
more likely to have fibre feeds and could be feeding the tower in
question via microwave link, although the distance is about 30 kilometres.

Does any Linker have knowledge to share?

--
David Boxall                    |  The more that wise people learn
                                |  The more they come to appreciate
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  How much they don't know.
--Confucius