[LINK] Turnbull's faster, cheaper NBN - Background Briefing - ABC Radio National (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Mon Nov 9 12:09:38 AEDT 2015

On 2015-11-08 11:12 David Boxall wrote:

>> One of the most urban nations on the planet has been shafted by an incompetent Minister, now PM, just because he once ran an ISP.

Did he actually run an ISP or just invest in one?

I think a more fundamental problem is that decisions about very technical matters in science (e.g. greenhouse warming), engineering (e.g. the NBN), economics (e.g. leaving it all to market forces), and even foreign affairs are made by politicians who have not the slightest personal understanding of these areas and, in the case of the Coalition, seem disinclined to take any notice of advice which doesn't suit the ideology or the party line.  Though to give credit where it's due, Julie Bishop does seem to be doing an effective job.

And behind the whole disaster is the completely irrational belief in everlasting economic growth.

> Is Turnbull incompetent or evil? From my perspective, he's Tony Abbott with social skills.

Things could be worse...  I see Dr. Carson has now overtaken Donald Trump in the current U.S. Republican presidential race, and he's reported as believing that the Egyptian pyramids were built for grain storage and Evolutionary theory is propagated by the Devil.

Which brings to mind:
Q:  How would you like Trump's finger on the nuclear button?
A:  That might be the best option!

David L