[LINK] The data drought

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Sun Oct 4 14:37:20 AEDT 2015

I get the distinct feeling the whole NBN thing is being played for
political gain more than anything else.

<http://www.abc.net.au/landline/content/2015/s4324687.htm>
"Many people in rural and regional Australia are suffering from a
drought and it's not because of a lack of rain. This drought is about a
lack of data - internet speeds so slow it's impossible to do online
banking or email a small photograph."

<http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-01/rural-internet-customers-battling-data-drought-despite-satellite/6819908>
"The new half-a-billion-dollar satellite was launched this morning, but
due to months of testing will not be commercially available until mid-2016.

Central Queensland farmer Kristy Sparrow said the bush cannot wait that
long."

That being so, our only option is to make as much noise as possible.
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/BIRRR/>

The lack of infrastructure is costly in so many ways.

--
David Boxall                    |  Drink no longer water,
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  for thy stomach's sake ...