[LINK] 20 years of Link?

Gordon Keith gordonkeith at acslink.net.au
Thu Oct 15 13:33:29 AEDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 12:46 +1100, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is it indeed the 20th year of link?
> Did I miss the anniversary discussion?

I think the list has been around a little longer than 20 years.

In the link archive there is are messages
http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/1995-February/021937.html
22 Feb 1995:

> Well is you must know I'm looking at moving link to majordomo.

http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/1995-February/021939.html
23 Feb 1995:

> I shifted the list to a list robot as manual maintenance was getting a
> bit onerous - the list was getting too big.

My memories (which are of pretty poor quality these days) seem to recall
using link (or lurking anyway) for a while before that.

But the move to majordomo and the creation of the archive date from Feb
1995.

Regards
Gordon