[LINK] Australia to trial cloud passports in world-first move

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Thu Oct 29 15:13:30 AEDT 2015

On 29/10/2015 9:45 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australia-to-trial-cloud-passports-in-worldfirst-move-20151028-gkkkr3.html
>
> does this make any sense at all in terms of international roll-out? We can't even do a decent national project, let alone something this crazy!
> Find yourself in Outer Mongolia? Hey! Just jump on the Net and grab from the cloud! Simple!

A passport is a form of ID. If you store passport details in the cloud
you'll still need some form of ID.

I was at a security presentation the other day and the guy said that
biometrics as ID was a bad idea. If your PIN or password or two factor
authentication mechanism is compromised you can easily change it. Try
changing your biometrics......

--

Regards
brd