[LINK] web: The NBN satellite Malcolm Turnbull never wanted prepares for liftoff

Andy Farkas andyf at andyit.com.au
Mon Sep 7 13:35:16 AEST 2015

> Locally, it seems that the wireless towers are being inter-connected by
> microwave links in a somewhat redundant network which I assume would
> have more than one fibre trunk.  But there's probably scope for
> congestion on the uWave connections.

According to the nbn design rules[0] each tower has a 100Mbps uWave
link to a Hub Site. Each Hub Site can aggregate a maximum of 8 towers.
There is no redundancy - seems to be a star topology.

[0]
http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/network-design-rules-201
2.pdf

A diagram is on page 23.

-andyf

ps. heh, just noticed "dam/nbnco/documents" in the link :)

This message was scanned using Kaspersky Enpoint Security.