[LINK] Electromagnetic Hyper Sensitivity

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Wed Sep 9 12:01:35 AEST 2015

On 8/09/2015 10:47 AM, David Lochrin wrote:
> It's certain that most people don't suffer from EHS, and I'm among them.  However some mainstream neurologists are concerned about the possible biological effects of EM radiation generally, which would reasonably suggest a normally distributed tail of hyper-sensitivity.
<https://theconversation.com/can-you-be-allergic-to-your-wi-fi-46935>

Anything is possible.
In view of:
- the remarkable range of non-specific symptoms attributed to the
"syndrome";
- the lack of dose-response correlation and;
- repeated failures in blind provocation testing (symptoms reported in
the absence of the supposed stimulus and absence of reported symptoms in
its presence);
I rank the probability of EHS being substantiated as low.

For good or ill, the human mind is a powerful thing. It can keep us
going when we'd normally stop or die. It can also make us ill, or even
kill us.

Suppose I told someone that they had been cursed by a sorcerer. If they
were susceptible, then they might worry themselves sick, attributing
everyday aches and pains to the curse and imagining worse. They might
even die.

I guess it beats burning witches or cutting up albinos to use their body
parts in magic potions.

--
David Boxall                    |  The more that wise people learn
                                |  The more they come to appreciate
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  How much they don't know.
                                                         --Confucius