[LINK] GovHack Sydney

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Aug 1 08:55:01 AEST 2016

On 30/07/16 15:51, Roger Clarke wrote:

> ... around the same circle we go for the umpteenth time. ...

The Smart eInvoicing GovHack team had an interesting and pragmatic
approach. As explained to me, they wanted to use the Australian Business
Register < https://abr.gov.au/ > to allow businesses to exchange
electronic invoices securely. Blockchain would be used in place of a
third party gateway, who would have charged for the service:
http://slay-the-bridge-trolls.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

ps: "Smart eInvoicing" won a local prize in the GovHack competition:
https://2016.hackerspace.govhack.org/projects

--
Tom Worthington FACS CP, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
The Higher Education Whisperer http://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/

Adjunct Lecturer, Research School of Computer Science, College of
Engineering & Computer Science, Australian National University
http://people.cecs.anu.edu.au/user/3890 http://orcid.org/0000-0003-4799-8464