[LINK] All cars on Australian roads will be driverless by 2030 - Telstra

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Tue Aug 2 21:30:12 AEST 2016

> “My expectation is that governments will very quickly ­realise that
> they need to make them mandatory to help overcome the statistic that
> 90 per cent of road accidents are caused by human error,’’ he said,
> adding that they would first need to agree on safety and
> communi­cations standards before building an intelligent road network.
 From the company that couldn't maintain the telecommunications network
that they inherited. An intelligent road network presupposes an
extensive, reliable, well-run and well-maintained telecommunications
network.
<http://reneweconomy.com.au/2016/all-cars-on-australian-roads-will-be-driverless-by-2030-telstra-exec-33821>

--
David Boxall                    |  I have seen the past
http://david.boxall.id.au       |               --TJ Hooker