[LINK] Telstra, our network and rural service

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Tue Aug 9 09:13:42 AEST 2016

Testra is clearly not fit to be custodian of Australia's
telecommunications network. What's the solution? I'd return to:
- public ownership of the infrastructure;
- a statutory commission to manage (maintain/develop/extend) the network
and possibly;
- a pubic-sector retail service provider, to keep the private sector honest.

By the way, I've just had another Telstra rep. assure me that ADSL is
available on my line (9km from a RIM). I'm stringing them along, just to
find out how far they'll go.

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/BIRRR/permalink/538990042976354/>

--
David Boxall                    |  Dogs look up to us
                                 |  And cats look down on us
http://david.boxall.id.au       |  But pigs treat us as equals
                                                    --Winston Churchill