[LINK] Language please ...

Antony Broughton Barry antonybbarry at me.com
Wed Aug 24 11:29:00 AEST 2016

> On 23 Aug 2016, at 5:28 PM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn <brd at iimetro.com.au> wrote:
>
> Also BTW, your GP should have asked your opinion and consent - maybe
> they did. And now you are registered for a MyHealthRecord, you can never
> de-register, only deactivate.

Well yes he did and by the time I had said something along the lines of asking whether he meant the health record system nobody used he had. As I finished asking my iWatch beeped with a text message showing I had been enrolled which surprised him somewhat and me. I suppose I should log into it and see what's there. Presumably PDF versions of the reports he gives me. I wonder if I can add to it. I don't think I've ever told him I have Raynaud's Syndrome and carry TB antibodies. It would be too much to hope that there would be an SGML/RDF syntax of some kind to make the whole database useful for research.

There was also some confusion about my appointment which I had made with the practices new web interface. They had obviously failed to integrate their manual systems with it or taken into account things like leave etc. Apparently their technology is Google based and after I mentioned I had a chromebook he jocularly offered me a job to sort their systems out. I felt best not to tell him that I only have a chromebook because they were so incredibly cheap (via Kogan) and a number of my grandchildren used them and I wanted to keep up with what they are into. They are good but lack the simplicity of the "share" interface used by the iPad  and iPhone. Almost half my 13 grandchildren (and all my children and their partners) are on social media of one kind or another.

Cheers
Tony