[LINK] Reimagining Universal Service for Digital Life

David Boxall linkdb at boxall.name
Sat Jan 16 20:54:25 AEDT 2016

It looks like the USO is back on the agenda:
<http://telsoc.org/ajtde/2015-12-v3-n4/a38>
<https://accan.org.au/news-items/media-releases/1031-uso-forum>
We used to have a USO for digital services; static and thus inadequate,
but it existed. Back in 2008, we were informed that:
"The DDSO is no longer necessary as Australians now have a wide choice
of access to alternative digital data services ..."
<https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2008L04701/Explanatory%20Statement/Text>
Of course, mobile services have never been included in our USO.

Many, particularly in rural, regional and remote Australia, are watching
intently.

--
David Boxall                    |  I have not yet begun to fight!
http://david.boxall.id.au       |