[LINK] The internet should be for everyone

David Lochrin dlochrin at key.net.au
Wed Jul 6 09:58:01 AEST 2016

On 2016-07-05 16:27 JanW  wrote:

> I find it amazing that the country could build an electricity grid, a rail network, a road network, and HUGE water pipelines many many decades ago, but now is afraid to invest in building the 21st century equivalent.  If people back then behaved as they are today, we would still be walking or riding horses.

But past governments spent money on projects simply because they were in the public interest.  Now the growth-based economic model is hitting the wall, governments (especially conservative ones) have largely handed control of the economy over to business in the hope they will "do something".  This strategy won't be successful.

David L.