[LINK] Electronic Voting

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Jul 11 12:32:06 AEST 2016

On 10/07/2016 9:27 PM, Stephen Loosley wrote:
> “Bill Shorten Backs Electronic Voting For Federal Elections”
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/07/10/bill-shorten-backs-electronic-voting-for-federal-elections
>

> Opposition Leader Bill Shorten says Australia should look at electronic voting for future federal elections.
>
> Conceding defeat to the coalition on Sunday, Shorten said an electronic system could help the nation determine more quickly the winners of future elections.
>
> It's been eight days since the nation went to the polls on July 2.

Another dumb pollie with a solution to the wrong problem.

All the available votes for the reps were counted that night. The delay
is because of the legislation that says postal votes can be accepted up
to 13 days after election day.

Fix that problem and you wouldn't need e-voting with all its associated
risks and problems.

If there is an inquiry/study, I bet they focus on the "benefits" and
financial costs not the real and potential problems.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn