[LINK] The New Daily

David Lochrin dlochrin at key.net.au
Wed Jul 13 12:20:27 AEST 2016

On 2016-07-11 22:29 Bernard Robertson wrote:

> Computer experts remain sceptical about e-voting
> http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2016/07/11/computer-voting-warnings/

"The New Daily" seems like an interesting venture and I looked around their website for the identity of the publisher, but without success; I thought that was a legal requirement.  Have I missed something, and if not, why is this publication so coy about its ownership?

The IP address is owned by a company in San Antonio, Texas known as Rackspace, presumably a server farm.

There's an article in Mumbrella dated 13th November 2013 at
https://mumbrella.com.au/online-news-market-sees-new-challenger-new-daily-189284

QUOTE
Australia’s online media landscape today sees the launch of The New Daily, a general news website funded by Australia’s major superannuation funds.

The New Daily will be run by former Herald Sun editor Bruce Guthrie, who is the website’s editorial director and former online editor of The Age Daniel Sankay, who had been rumoured to joining an Australian version of The Huffington Post.

“The important thing about The New Daily is that this is a digital only product,” said Guthrie, “most other sites out there have been something else before they were digital.”

“When we started we sat down and thought what do you need on an online news website, we felt video was important and that the site should be able to move and speak.”

The New Daily will have an editorial staff of 15 full time staff and is owned equally by super funds AustralianSuper, Cbus and Industry SuperHoldings who have invested in The New Daily’s parent company Motion Publishing.
UNQUOTE

They have an item about themselves dated 14/11/2013 at
http://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2013/11/14/welcome-new-daily/

David L.